Friday, December 5, 2008

Follow your heart

Hello folks. Here I come to join the bandwagon. Blogging has become a rage and I realize I am one of the very late entrants. Well, enough of boring clichéd introductory statements :)

Now, what do I write? I should do justice to the title ‘vox populi’ I have chosen, rite? The past few months have been dramatic, or should I say traumatic? There is a depression looming large, terrorist threat larger and our politicians’ ineptness largest. Sure as hell, I d like to write about all of these, but, I thought why I can’t start with something more pleasant in this hour of global crisis.

I chose “follow your heart”. Now I hear some voices of dissent :) No, I am not
going to preach what many more prominent and illustrious people have already told over and over again. I am now entering into another type of cliché. What do most first time bloggers write? Yes, there you go, you got it right? How they decided to join the bandwagon?

Before deciding to start off with a blog, I had an animated conversation between my mind and my heart as to why I should do this. I distance myself from my own mind and heart and here’s the outcome:

Heart:
Hey dude, I think it s long overdue I also started a blog, what say?

Mind:
You too Brutus!! Now, tell me why do you want to do that? Just because everyone else seems to be blogging?

Heart:
Hey, come on. Don’t you know me? I love to write..

Mind:
So, how does that matter? Don’t you know there are more people writing blogs than reading?

Heart:
Yup!! :) As a matter of fact, I do. Still, I want to write. You see, I can do all the stuff most people do, put a link it in status message, add to orkut profile and in worst case forward mails to friends asking them to read :)

Mind:
You shameless!! Ok, what are you gonna write about? Do you know at least that?

Heart:
No :)

Mind:
Again, you shameless!!

Heart:
Well, I am heart. I am always honest :) I don’t have the luxury of lying!!

Mind:
Oh my god, you don’t know what all to write, yet you wanna blog?

Heart:
Yes dude. I can write things as and when they pop up, can't i?

Mind:
I strongly advise you against doing this. Someone is going to kick you someday or the other for writing something controversial :)

Heart:
Well, that s a possibility!! But, see I no longer have the patience to hold my views :) I keep writing pages on orkut threads, as opposed to blogs!!

Mind:
Whatever, if we can’t reach a conclusion, why wont we let Srikkant watching this decide?

Heart:
Sure, Why not?

And thus the conversation ended. Wow!! That was a good exercise. All these years, I have wondered why they had a section called “dialogue writing” in English papers’:) Now, it s use has come to the fore!!

Time for the final verdict to be given, and guess what, I followed my heart :)Here I am writing my blog and reaching out to millions across the planet!! Not quite the ‘follow your heart’ blog u thought it would be?

Lots of people have asked us to follow our hearts and I still see many people failing to realize it s significance. There is no way one can be happy, doing things one does not like, day in and day out, no matter how much he/she earns. That s probably why I opted out of the idea of doing MS. Oh, At last I realize that I have gotten serious. See ya guys soon with my next post :)

9 comments:

Raghu said...

Good start da..
U gonna rock for sure..
All the best..

R Srikkant said...

@ raghu

Thanks for the encouragement Machi :)

Venkata Ramanan S said...

Good1.. :)
Keep Posting...

namas said...

dude dude dude... in with a kickass.. :P

R Srikkant said...

Thanks mullu and namas :) Anyone else reading this, pause to note namas' slang. I had always thought he was meant to be born in the U.S :)

Alpine Path said...

Interesting first post! :)

Naga said...

Rocking start!!!

Kaushik said...

It's good to read your blog.... But too personal thoughts are out here....That's not good. My experience... I guess u know what I'm talking about. I hate my heart speak even after reading ur blog...... That's what I am!!!!

R Srikkant said...

Kaushik:

I think i know what you are talking abt :) Will keep that in mind!!